Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO), is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager (Education)
Duration: Fixed Term, 3 yrs
Full Time, 36 hours per week
Responsible to: Head of Programs
- The job holder is expected to lead in the strategic design, development and implementation of VSON Education Program in line with the country office strategic plans and priorities.
- Provide comprehensive programming, management and coordination support in the implementation and measurement of VSON Education programs.
- Programme Development, Planning & Budgeting:
- To ensure proper annual planning and budgeting of VSO Nigeria education programme is undertaken in a timely and cost effective manner and the process is aligned with the defined overall priorities set by the donor as well as VSO.
- Ensure project outcome delivered to quality required by the programme (with specified risks and benefits), to schedule within set budgets and scope. Provide a key co-ordination and implementation role, ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met.
Prepare management products – including project outcome description, benefits review plan, project initiation documentation, exception plans, project controls.
Qualification and Experience
- A holder of Master’s Degree in Development studies, social Sciences or related fields
- A Minimum of 6 years relevant experience.
- Background and Contextual Information:
VSO have been working in Nigeria since 1958. VSO Nigeria currently has Secure Livelihoods Education and Youth Empowerment as its main programming areas. Further information on VSO’s work in each of the countries we work in can be found on the VSO website.
Very Competitive. Application Closing Date
29th September, 2017.
Week of 9th October 2017.
British American Tobacco Technical Trainees Recruitment 2017
Nigerian Army Hospital recruitment, October 2017
Kaduna State Roads Agency (KADRA) Recruitment
Graduate Development Program (Interns) at Henkel
Ongoing Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Saroafrica International
Job For Principal Financial Management Operations Officer at The African Development Bank Group
Nigeria Turkish international College Abuja Recruitment
Job Openings at Drury Industries