World Health Organization (WHO) recruitment for a National Professional Officer
Posted:September 18, 2017
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Professional Officer
Ref ID: 1702894
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-Term Appointment
Contract duration: 12
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Serve as WHO focal point for Maternal Health and Newborn Health, sexual and reproductive health, Elimination of maternal to child transmission of HIV/Syphilis , Family planning Programmed along the life course and continuum of care in the country to liaise with and provide support to all relevant government departments and institutions in collaboration with all agencies actively involved.
Assist the Ministry of health to plan an effective MNH programmes advocating the integrated approach with PHC development process.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesUnder the direct supervision of the FRH Cluster Lead and overall supervision of WHO representative, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Review and analyze national maternal and newborn health policies, strategies, plans and guidelines, programmes and related legislation
- Provide technical assistance for the implementation of maternal and newborn health including family planning interventions
- Establish and coordinate effective partnership with key stakeholders and donor agencies involved in maternal and newborn health including family planning
- Assist in promotion and implementation of operations research for maternal and newborn health including family planning
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of maternal and newborn health including family planning programmer
- Coordinate maternal and newborn health care activities
- Assist and advise the national maternal and newborn health task force in the development of strategies for maternal and newborn health including Family planning.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of operation plans and tools for MNH and facilitate the dissemination of maternal and newborn health including family planning strategies, plans and relevant tools.
- Perform any other duties as required for the success of the programme.
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical Degree obtained from a recognized University; and post graduate degree in Community Medicine or Public Health, or obstetrics and Gynaecology or Pediatrics and Modern Training Skills would be an advantage.
- Considerable experience in programme planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and supervision at national, state or local government area.
- Excellent knowledge of English and a local language-reading, speaking, writing
- Prior experience in maternal, newborn health and sexual and reproductive health is an added advantage
- Good knowledge and ability to use computer software: – Spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint, publisher and EPI Info or SSSP for statistical analysis.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in program management.
Proven competence in documentation of events and evaluation of programmes
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should by using this link