Value Seeds Limited was incorporated in 2009 and started business same year. We are in the business of research, multiplication and distribution of field crops; importation and distribution of assorted vegetable seeds. We are licensed by National Agricultural Seeds Council. We are a member of SEEDAN (Seeds Entrepreneurs Association of Nigeria) and one of the 8-member Ad hoc Committee set up to run the affairs of seed industry in Nigeria today.
- Open Jobs
- Sales & Marketing Manager
- Supply Chain Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Technical Officer/Research Officer
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Head of Finance and Accounts
- Seed Quality Assurance Officer
- Method of Application
Sales & Marketing Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Business Development
- We have an immediate opening for a Sales & Marketing Manager. This results driven individual should have experience developing and driving a channel approach to growing our brand and our sales, connecting with our customers and coordinating the sales and marketing teams within our organization.
- Responsibilities include developing and achieving marketing and sales goals that are aligned with short and long term strategic plans of the company and providing strong, creative leadership.
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams to plan, prioritize, execute and monitor success of all key sales and marketing programs. These will include: on-line sales, wholesale and retail store activities, trade shows, community engagement, social media activities, catalogues, newsletters and pos campaigns;
- Prepare detailed sales and marketing plans and budgets for approval and manage the successful execution thereof and ensure the coordination and communication between teams;
- Motivate and coordinate the activities of the sales and marketing teams to peak performance by providing support and direction, participating in hiring, performance feedback, training, coaching and holding the team to standards of excellence.
- Contribute to the overall strategic plan for Value Seeds Limited.
- Understand current trends in our industry (sales and marketing), expand our target markets and update our programs to improve and enhance our brand, as well as improve customer experience and sales;
- Plan and deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution;
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns;
- Maintain quality control and creative consistency in all marketing activities;
- Oversee and help produce valuable and engaging content that attracts and expands our target groups.
- Develop realistic growth forecasts and present sales and expense KPIs and management reports in a timely manner;
- Develop/expand relationships with gardening, farming and lifestyle communities including on-line influencers, bloggers, and initiate campaigns to strengthen the Value Seeds Limited brand;
- Identify and pursue potential new customers and target markets as well as new product and pricing opportunities;
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team;
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
Education and Skills
- Degree or Diploma in Sales / Marketing or other related courses;
- 5+ years’ experience managing sales and marketing for a consumer based Brand, preferably in a similar industry with direct experience in digital, wholesale and retail sales;
- Experience managing and coordinating both inside and outside sales efforts;
- Strong grasp of and experience in both traditional and digital marketing (including catalogue / wholesale and retail programs and social media strategies) in a high growth environment. Record of positive leadership, superior communication &organization skills, people and project management skills with the ability to coordinate, analyze, prioritize and deliver results in a collaborative work environment;
- Knowledge of on-line analytic tools, (Analytics, etc.), Design and Graphics , Website and online marketing (Amazon, SEO, PPC, etc.) and writing and editing content/ad-copy would be an asset;
- A highly motivated individual who possesses high standards of excellence, and entrepreneurial spirit and the utmost integrity;
- Industry experience preferred but a keen interest in agriculture is a must!
go to method of application »
Supply Chain Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the SCOM is responsible for strategically managing the production, processing and logistics of the FS in the QBS portfolio.
- The SCOM will ensure that production and demand plans and activities are aligned and visible across the business;
- Develop systems and S&OP processes, including timely reporting of any issues that may impact plans;
- Field production is done in both a timely and effective manner, to make sure that the planned quantities of seed of specified QBS quality is produced and available as required;
- Approve the recruitment of growers and the implementation of the field production plans from responsible units.
- Effectively manage inventory (including storage and transport) to optimize working capital deployment and assure seed quality is maintained, providing visibility to inventory by line by stocking point;
- Putting in place planning and logistics systems and processes that integrate with the company finance system;
- Lead on development of high impact cost savings and service delivery models for strategic sourcing, and within the context of the specific performance aspirations and Value Seeds business plans.
- Develop framework agreements with suppliers to allow Value Seeds Limited more flexibility around goods or services contracted both in terms of volume and relevance of goods and services while ensuring that each purchase represents the best value.
- Organise procurement & tendering processes in a manner that meets the five metrics of delivering goods and services with a) right quantity, b) right quality, c) right price, d) right time and e) the right location.
- Establish and ensure that operating budgets are followed.
- In coordination with production team, manage day-to-day business aspects of producing seed.
- Manage vendor relationships by clearly communicating expectations, monitoring procurement and supply activities to ensure deliveries meet established specifications and that applicable guidelines are met regarding the quality of the items received timeliness and product availability.
- Negotiate favourable agreements and contracts to gain appropriate savings and service levels; also ensures all legal contract requirements are met.
- Oversee physical stock audits and reconciles inventory records; also manage and coordinate periodic and annual inventory of stock items working with Internal and External Auditors and Finance personnel.
- Ensure the use of Equipment and fleet management systems to monitor costs and performance and prepare management reports.
- Develop Fleet management action plan:
- Masters degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or any other relevant discipline of study.
- Professional accreditation certification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management highly desirable.
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, and analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting way, and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Critical focus on providing a superior service level to managers and colleagues and delivering agreed results within time and budget constraints and to expected standards.
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their Comprehensive CV’s, Letter of Intent to: firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Applied for as subject of the mail.