United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) recruitment for Monitoring Assistants
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Assistant (Complaints & Feedback) – G4
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis
- with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in related field.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Economics, Computer Sciences or other field related to Monitoring and Evaluation an added advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written english communication. Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri. Fluency in both a plus.
- At least 4 years work experience in related field.
- Minimum of two-year experience in development/humanitarian programming.
- Proficiency in MS Word & Excel is a requirement. Experience using ICT (mobile based and web-based desktop software) for data collection. Experience using appreciative inquiry and conflict sensitivity techniques a plus.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role
- Has experience analysing programme output and outcome data.
- General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
- Experience using ICT (mobile based and web-based desktop software) for data collection
- Experience using appreciative inquiry and conflict sensitivity techniques a plus.
- Demonstrated diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
Terms and Conditions
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only Nigerian national (or residents with valid residence and work permits) are eligible to apply.
Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here apply to