Training and Capacity-Building Consultant at The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), an international non-governmental organization with its head office in Arlington, Virginia, USA, has been active in Nigeria since 1998.
IFES provides technical assistance to the electoral cycle to enhance citizen participation and strengthen institutions, civil society, governance and transparency. IFES has a history of working with relevant state and non-state actors in Nigeria, building the capacity of institutions such as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), civil society organizations, media, and
Deadline: 23 March, 2018
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience15 years
- Job FieldConsultancy
The Training and Capacity-Building Consultant will work in close cooperation with the IFES Nigeria Chief of Party, Electoral Management Specialist and program team in implementing specific assignments in Abuja and around the country to train and build the capacity of INEC and State Independent Electoral Commissions (SIECs) before and after upcoming elections. The consultant
will support IFES Nigeria in the following areas:
Short-term technical assistance, to include…
Topical research and analysis
The consultant will be called upon as needed to assist IFES in these areas over a period not to
exceed 260 days in a 12-month period.
Bachelor’s degree required;
Accredited BRIDGE facilitator;
- At least fifteen (15) years of work experience in elections; experience working with INEC/SIECs in Nigeria is preferable;
- Specialized knowledge of training design and training content areas, including implementation of foundation modules;
- Excellent organizational skills including the demonstrated ability to employ the BRIDGE methodology and curriculum appropriately (customizing, translating, preparing and
- facilitating module workshops, etc.);
- Experience conducting topical research and analysis in the field of elections and democracy.
- Excellent interpersonal/representational skills;
- Experience in Capacity building, Electoral organizational and Political Assessment and analysis, especially in Nigeria;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; and
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required. Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong and proven track record in elections
- related projects.
Interested applicants should forward their application, current resume and cover letter no later than two
weeks from the date of this publication by email to email@example.com.
Only applications sent by email will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.