Roving Admin Assistant at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and planning to run an office in Yobe, besides 50 staff members subject to increase in near future.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience1 year
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Roving Admin Assistant will be responsible for all Administrative roles in Borno and Yobe state while reporting to HR Officer. The position is based in Maiduguri with frequent (50-75%) travel to BAMA, NGALA, MAFA, Damaturu and other locations as needed. Roving Admin Assistant works closely with the HR Team in Maiduguri to ensure that Human Resources and Administration is run efficiently and effectively to support the growing Program needs in Borno and Yobe state.
- Responsible for ensuring the sign in and out procedure is followed, meanwhile, at the end of the month, printing, verifying that staff are coming to work as per the HR Manual guideline – highlighting any concern to HR Officer.
- Responsible for tracking all the lease agreements including for Guest Houses, Offices, warehouses etc; manage and timely renew office and Guest house rental agreements including updating the spreadsheet detailing start date for each lease agreement, end date and alerting HR officer as necessary.
- Ensure proper tracking and appropriate filing systems for office correspondence and personnel files documentation.
- Work closely with the Logistics team to ensure better planning is in place for purchasing office supplies quarterly and track the appropriate usage of the office supplies providing monthly accountability reports to the HR Officer, Maiduguri
- Receiving and managing hotel and Humanitarian HUB bookings including following up that the payment is made in time
- Receiving and booking UNHAS Flight bookings as necessary
- Receiving and booking meeting rooms requests
- Assist with taking minutes of the events/meetings? if required.
- At least one year work experience in Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Excellent communications skill.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications
- knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.Deadline date. 09/03/2018 Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered. Due to the urgency of this positions, application will be considered on a rolling basis and DRC reserves the right begin the interview process before the close date.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
NB: DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult: www.drc.dk
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council (DRC) career website on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply