National Administration Assistant at INTERSOS
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human
dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Deadline: 22 February, 2018
National Administration Assistant – Nigeria
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Duty Station: Maiduguri – Borno – North East Nigeria (with 30% field)
Starting date: 1 st March 2018
Duration of contract: 3 month (Extendable)
Reporting to: Administration Officer
General context of the project
The Boko Haram armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict. The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of
Borno State, North East Nigeria. The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people
across all four frontiers. The Armed Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria. A high number of
towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social services and amenities have also been destroyed and are now non-existent. Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and
livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent. Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the Administration Officer in managing the financial and administrative aspects of the
- Maiduguri office and of the programs according to the given procedures and instructions
- Support the Administration Officer in managing the cash and the accountancy of the Maiduguri office and of the field bases of Damasak, Banki, Ngala, Bama, Monguno, Banki (other ones may be added)
- Support the Administration Officer in managing the book-keeping of the programs according to the given instructions and procedures
- Support the Administration Officer in supervising the Maiduguri office and field bases staff attendance, recording absences and delays and reporting accordingly
- Support the Administration Officer in keeping staff files up to date with all relevant documents related
- Support the Administration Officer in ensuring that the project staff have their financial requests addressed within a reasonable timeframe, in accordance with INTERSOS and donors’ procedures
- Keep the archives in order to be easily searched by everyone and make copies of any document sent to Abuja
- Visit regularly the different bases for monitoring of expenses, cash box situation, reviewing expenses justification documents and monitor HR.
- Monitor the implementation of the different policies (ethics, CCP, Fraud…), report if any concern.
- Carry out any other duties related to the position and necessary for the achievements of the programs objectives.
- Degree/HND/ND in Administration or finances;
- Minimum 2 years of experience at national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language ad advantage;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to put up with pressure from government agencies;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- INTERSOS reserves the right to transfer position as per need during the contract period.
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food;
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- DA will be provided for the field work appointed to work for;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
Interested and qualified candidate can apply through the following email ID by sending their CV and a motivation letter. email@example.com: , or deliver application to INTERSOS office No. 14 Mutare Road Doctors Quarters Old GRA, Maiduguri in a seal envelop with the title of the post clearly marked.