ToLet.com.ng is recruiting for fulltime Magazine Editor.
ToLet.com.ng, is the leading real estate property centre platform in Nigeria. With a web-based platform for property rentals and sales, we provide users with the best property search experience both online and offline by connecting them with legitimate and verified real estate agents.
Course of Study: Mass Communications
Required Grade: Any
- Organize and Manage the overall mission of the platform inclusive of content creation, selecting articles for issues, and planning publication contents
- The Editor creates the editorial board, or outline, for each of the publication’s editions or issues.
- Review all articles and photographs for accuracy as well as potential libel or slander, and provides suggestions, if needed, about any changes to make before the publication goes to press or is released digitally.
- Manage the workflow of magazine, creating a list of each magazine’s feature, column and other editorial.
- Assign articles and give deadlines, setting budgets and working to make sure advertising materials arrive on time.
- Meets regularly with the Management to discuss issues, plans, budget, timelines and other business relating to the publication.
- Generate ideas for new ways to promote advert placements and implement ways to increase circulation
- Work with the business, marketing and sales departments to create an editorial vision, or brand, that creates an audience attractive to advertisers and to set the editorial direction of the magazine
- Create platforms and develop contacts that would generate increasing advertisements and subscriptions/partnerships for the Magazine
- Work with the circulation Manager to ensure right circulation and enhance widespread distribution channels
- Communicate business goals, in terms of allocated budget and timelines as specified by the Management, to the team, helping to plan editorial calendars and ensure alignment to same
- Generate ideas for articles and features
- Organize meetings with writers , clients and designers to discuss and plan the features section of the magazine
- Write articles where and when necessary
- Coordinate photographic content; schedule photoshoots for pictures to be featured in the magazine
- Organize meetings with writers and artists to discuss ideas for artwork, layout and features
- Commission features and stories from in-house writers or freelancers
- Supervise staff, including freelance writers, and setting deadlines
- Rewrite, edit, proofread and subbing copy to ensure it is ready to go to press
- Attend relevant events, fairs, and conferences
The ideal candidate must:
- Have demonstrated passion for the print and online magazine industry
- Have exotic and classy taste for items and materials
- Have good command of English Language, both verbal and written
- Be daring to try on new concepts and innovations
- Be able to work independently, under minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Be extremely organized
- Be able to plan and pay attention to deadlines, adapt to changing requirements, and show desire to take lead
- Have fair knowledge of photography and graphics design
- Have the ability to multi-task and work within tight deadlines
- Be able to pay rapt attention to detail, combined with an appreciation of the ‘bigger picture’
- Have the ability to think on your feet and respond to events as they happen
- The ability to understand complex subjects and explain them clearly to readers
- Must be business savvy
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Mass Communication, Business, Marketing or Advertising
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Minimum of two years of experience working for a print or online publication
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org