Logistics Assistant at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
To provide support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
- Ensure vehicle/s are properly cleaned, road worthy and utilized as per the organization’s polices and maintain documentations.
- Ensure that the allocation of vehicle/s and driver/s is done in an effective manner, in response to authorized transportation requests.
- Ensure issues related to maintenance are reported immediately to the Head of Base or to the Logistics and Procurement Manager and to owner of the vehicle if hired.
- Ensure copies of all Logbooks, Maintenance Reports, Fuel Reports and Mileage Reports exist in appropriate files for each month and all data are captured and reported.
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for the office in line with the Assets recording system for the country programme.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paper work exists as per the DRC policy.
- Ensure that all assets are properly maintained and looked after. Any misuse and abuse is reported to the Logistics Manager and to the head of base.
Inventories and Stock Management:
- Ensure that all stock items are properly stored and correctly recorded as per the guidelines and the warehouse/stores are well maintained.
- Ensure that the movement of inventories To or From the warehouse & stores are correctly documented; authorized and paper work is done as per procedures.
- Inform the relevant Programme staff/managers upon the receipts and dispatches and coordinate with them, as it may be necessary. Allow requesters inspection of items upon delivery.
- Ensure stock movement documentations are updated and stock reports are produced on time.
- Ensure stocks Reports are circulated to all sector managers biweekly or on monthly basis and per request.
- Support distributions of NFIs as required.
Power Systems Management:
- Ensure all power generation equipment, electric appliances and power systems are well maintained
- Ensure issues related to power systems are timely reported and solutions are sought under the guidance of the Logistics Manager.
- Monthly reports of use and maintenance are produced and submitted to the Logistics Manager.
- Arrange for transportation of goods as required and ensure accurate documentation maintained.
- Arrange for the distribution of programme supplies as per plan and coordinate with programme teams.
- Ensure safe transportation of programme mail pouches to the field offices and the relevant procedures are adhered to by the drivers and mail carriers.
General Work and Filing:
- Implement standard DRC logistics systems and procedures
- Provide training and support to other logistics colleagues when requested.
- Ensure health and safety policy is implemented and matters related to are reported to the designated responsible manager.
- Provide technical inputs on procurements related to vehicles, generators & power systems and other technical items required for logistics operations.
- Ensure all paper work is kept according to DRC’s policies and procedures of and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties requested by line manager, where they do contradict the organization’s policies.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- 2 years experience in Logistics, including Procurement, Supply Chain, Fleet Management & Inventory.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Good computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Understanding and experience of security management.
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Availability: 15th January 2018
Learn more about the work we do at THINK and read our blog posts about work, life and everything in between and do not forget to Subscribe!
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
2nd January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- Applicants must upload a CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants who are invited for written test and oral interview will be contacted.