Legal Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
In 2005, UBA was born through one of the biggest mergers on the African continent capital markets with the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. From the merger UBA has emerged as a Pan-African provides a full range of solutions and services that span the full value chain from retail to corporate. UBA is also the acclaimed leader in electronic payments in the sub-region.
- Deadline: 19 February, 2018
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldLaw / Legal
Reference No: #RMD004
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- Group Risk Management Directorate strives to achieve sound corporate governance, robust compliance and effective risk management processes for credit, market and liquidity.
- Strategies deployed help build robust capital management, effective risk monitoring and proactive risk mitigation.
- Advisory, Analytics, Communications, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Research
- Render legal opinions to other sectors of the Bank.
- Oversee the preparation of legal agreements, opinions and other documents and review same.
- Monitor proposed legislation, review new legislation and advise on the impact for the Bank.
- Oversee the litigation portfolio of the Bank including debt recovery litigation.
- Review out-of-court settlement proposals and concessions on debt recovery accounts.
- Oversee the perfection of legal documents, maintain Bank’s securities database and oversee management of the Bank’s collateral documents.
- Oversee the Bank’s relationship with external solicitors including selection of solicitors, negotiation of retainer agreements and approval of solicitors’ bills for professional services.
- Disseminate information within the Bank on frequently arising legal issues .
- Participate in meetings of various other committees, Bank activities and inter-sectoral meetings as required.
- Generate various reports, policy documents, etc as required by Executive Management or the Board.
- Tract workflow of departments and units to ensure timely delivery of servic
- Minimum of 3 years post-NYSC experience
- Minimum of Second Class Lower degree in Law (LLB)
- Minimum of Second Class Lower from Law School (BL)
Interested and qualified? Go to United Bank for Africa (UBA) career website on uba.jb.skillsmapafrica.com to apply