Nutrition International is a leading organization in Africa working to deliver health and nutrition programs to the region’s most vulnerable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition
Job Number: 2017-NG-02
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- At an exciting time of growth and opportunity for the organization, we are looking for a Program Officer, Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition who shares our organizational culture of delivering high-impact and cost-effective programs that will have a lasting effect for generations.
- The position is based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The Program Officer will provide technical and management support to the Government of Nigeria and other stakeholders to improve coverage of Zinc and Low Osmolar ORS in children with diarrhoea and improve utilization of iron and folic acid supplements in pregnant women, in line with NI’s strategic objectives in Africa and in partnership with key stakeholders in Nigeria.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Master’s Degree from a recognized University in one or more of the following areas: Child Health, Reproductive Health, Nutrition, Nursing, Health Sciences, Food Sciences and Public Health.
- Experience in Program/Project Implementation/Supervision, Monitoring And Evaluation
- Experience with micronutrient programs is desirable
- Training in Epidemiology, Research methodologies is desirable.
- At least 3 years work experience in Child Health, Reproductive Health and Public Health, Nutrition, Food Sciences and/or related field in Nigeria or elsewhere.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s and Cover Letters to: AfricaHR@NUTRITIONINTL.ORG and quoting the Job Number “2017-NG-02” on the subject line.