Our school is a beautiful co-education school in the serene GRA environment of Gombe, Capital of Gombe state. It is a notable school in the state with world class facilities and Nigerian and non-Nigerian staff. As a member of a group of schools which run both Nigerian and British curricula it feeds two international standard schools in the group with secondary school students who have completed their primary education in the school. The school aims to prepare its students to successfully interact with other races, genders, and cultures by providing exceptional educational programmes in a positive, safe, child friendly and nurturing environment.
Job Title: Primary School Head Teacher
We are looking for a confident and experienced Head Teacher to provide excellent leadership to our client school in Gombe.
- The position of head teacher consists of planning, directing and coordinating the academic, administrative and auxiliary activities in the school.
- The Ideal Candidate for this job should be passionate about children and learning, able to lead and inspire other staff.
- He/she should have excellent organisational and planning skills and be able to communicate innovative ideas to staff and the school board and be a skilled teacher trainer who is willing to lead by example.
- He/she should be able to effectively oversee and implement the curriculum to the large student body and to also supervise our team of teachers.
- He/she should be personable and able to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents.
Qualification & Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have a teaching qualification including a first degree with no less than 15-20 years teaching experience, at least 7 of which would have been in a leadership position in a primary school.
- A candidate with a Master degree in a related field is preferable.
- He/she should have concrete experience of both British and Nigerian curricula.
- The ideal candidate should be between 40 years and 58 years old.
The ideal candidate will:
- Collaborate with teachers to develop and maintain curriculum standards, and set performance goals and objectives;
- Confer with parents and staff to implement educational activities, policies, and student behavioural or learning problems;
- Counsel and provide guidance to students regarding personal, academic, vocational, or behavioural issues;
- Enforce student discipline and attendance rules;
- Establish, coordinate, and oversee particular programs across school, such as programs to evaluate student academic achievement;
- Evaluate curricula, teaching methods, and programs to determine their effectiveness, efficiency, and utilisation, and to ensure that school activities comply with federal, state, and local regulations;
- Observe teaching methods and examine learning materials to evaluate and standardise curricula and teaching techniques, and to determine areas where improvement is needed;
- Plan and lead professional development activities for teachers and support staff;
- Participate in recruitment and training and evaluation of permanent staff and auxilliary staff as required;
- Oversee the academic and overall well-being of all learners in the school
This headship represents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to build on the already existing strengths of the school while making the school more attractive to learners, parents and staff of the school. The ideal candidate should be willing to relocate to Gombe and available to start immediately or in January 2018.
An attractive salary package plus an official car and official standard accommodation will be given the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the application closing date. Candidates who do not meet our requirements need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.