Job Opportunities at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option for extra convenience. Shopping online in Nigeria is easy and convenient with us. The Jumia mall provides you with a wide range of products you can trust. Discover JIM’s Big Thing for that special person in your life. You can also shop online for Valentine gifts and have them delivered directly to your loved one.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience9 years
- Job FieldLogistics
You will help define and steer the linehaul strategy for our Nigeria operations to maximize delivery efficiency, lower costs and ensure best practices. This position will work with the Leadership team and be responsible for project management, client and vendor management and financial management related to transportation management (inbound, outbound and forward brokerage operations throughout the region across all business segments).
In particular you will:
- Managing network operations on a daily basis to ensure zero backlog and pendency at the hub
- Managing the handover between outbound and Sellers packages received from vendor drop-off and vendor pick-up centers
- Ensuring the timely scan at all the legs and updating in systems for movement as transferable unit
- Designing the pick-ups cut-off times with the 3PL and controlled fleet
- Managing and coordinating for 3PL pick-up as per the cut-off times aligned
- Performance tracking for informing courier account managers for any delay and corrective measures
- Responsible for any mismatch of shipments and all exception handling for shipments in transit and at the network hub
- Ensuring same day shipping for all Jumia Express shipments with 100% adherence
- Training all the partners/ hub for any new / existing processes for smooth operations
- Managing the transport and responsible for movement of packages from one hub to another hub
- Managing coloader contracts and negotiating with fleet contractors for better pricing
- Dispute solving and MIS maintenance
- Planning initiatives for reduction in fleet contractors cost
- Performance management for TAT adherence across all lanes for both same city and long-haul movements
- Financial Reconciliation: Reconciliation of chargeable weight/ packets and any lost cases
- Implementing fleet contractor pickup plan at decided cut-off for 99.9% adherence
- Tracking vehicle and projected delivery time to respective hubs for 99.9% adherence
- Publish daily capacity planning based on small / medium/ bulky percentage
- Managing the return shipments of vendors and Jumia Express cancelled by the customers
- Manage any network operational issues and fleet contractors distribution to reduce return (DRTV) pendency and cost
- Share DRTV plan for 3PL partner based on forward load at Vendor drop-offs/ pick-ups/ network hub to manage handover
- Ensuring 100% acceptance of all return load from 3PLs and controlled fleet at network reverse hub
- Managing all finance reconciliation and customer escalation management
- 100% Closure for short receiving / excess shipment / interchange shipment / misrouted shipments within TAT
- Managing the lost compliance and write-off guidelines for shipments stuck at network
- Ensuring cycle count being done as per the SLA guidelines at all the network hubs
- Manage customer escalation cases for all shipments stuck at network – RCA done for exact issue
- Drive new process initiative and Institutionalize tech changes required for better alignment / visibility of shipments
- Strategizing new projects and part of central planning team in executing the new sorting center project
- Developing a business case to validate the movement for a new sorting center with capacity estimates and volume projections which can be handled
- Finalizing the property and managing the contract, and any license related requirements
- Formulating all the capex requirements and getting it approved from the top management
- Involved in all the procurement cycle and purchasing of tools and equipment’s for set-up
- Designing the network layout and getting it built as per plan
- Responsible for capacity planning and hiring plan for the new facility
Required Skills & Qualifications
- MBA degree in Logistics, Supply Chain and/or Engineering subjects
- 9+ years Transportation or Supply Chain experience, preferably in a similar role, within a high-volume logistics, manufacturing or engineering environment
- Clear understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required
- Experience in strategy and complex network management
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience7 years
- Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
You will be responsible for the performance of warehouse operations serving both internal and external customer groups. Drive efficiencies through continuous improvement across all areas, including inventory control and accuracy. Ensure timely fulfillment of orders to final destination, including appropriate compliance with all relevant regulations.
In particular, you will
- Manage the warehouse operations for Bulky goods
- Setup and continuously improve warehouse operations processe
- Manage several teams, including Inbound, Inventory, Outbound, Aftersales and create, monitor, and improve their KPIs
- Maintain quantitative frameworks, including: ○Dashboards to monitor performance and identify bottleneck areas of operational processes ○Order monitoring of end-to-end warehouse processes and improvement of operational efficiency ○Queue monitoring to identify anomalies and improve customer satisfaction
- Maintain daily routines, including: ○Ensuring the timely scan at all the legs and updating in systems for movement as transferable unit. ○Oversee reporting on Incidents/Change/Problem tickets and SLA status
- Develop, implement, monitor, track and improve key performance metrics acrossthe functional departments within the warehouse.
- Drive best practices for inventory management, reporting, and handling.
- Responsible to ensure appropriate control mechanisms are in place and achieve exceptional levels of inventory accuracy, material availability, and service goals.
- Develop and manage staff to continuously improve skills and team performance.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or related field is preferred
- 7+ years of experience in logistics, distribution, operations management, or supply chain; hands-on experience in supervision or management of a warehouse facility in an e-Commerce distribution, repacking or production environment
- Work experience must also include 2+ years leading operational teams or acting in a managerial position.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Proven experience in material handling and critical thinking to detect on-time any unsafe maneuvers i.e. large items, heavy materials and fragile material, etc.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to manage and develop a team.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.