Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) Peacebuilding Interventions Graduate Internship Programme 2019
Are you a postgraduate student (or have recently graduated) with a passion to promote fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa? Do you want to develop your peacebuilding, research and analysis skills in a dynamic South African non-profit organization that works in several countries across Africa?
The Peacebuilding Interventions (PI) Programme at the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) invites applications for a paid internship from candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Competence in research and analysis;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Computer literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- The ability to work independently with attention to detail;
- Competency in English is necessary while another international language would be an advantage.
- Ability to write, proofread or edit articles, op-eds, etc.
- Conducting research and analyses of conflict and peace in Africa
- Drafting and writing concept notes
- Participating in the planning and organisation of PI events such as workshops, seminars, & dialogues.
- Attending designated meetings of the PI program and contributing towards its work.
Applicants should be in possession of, or in the process of completing a Masters Degree in Conflict and Peace Studies, Political Studies, Development Studies, Human Rights, Gender & Peacebuilding, or a related discipline.
Conditions of appointment:
An initial three months contract will be offered, with the possibility of renewal. Applicants from South Africa and other African countries are encouraged to apply. Applicants should at the time of application be in possession of documentation that allow them to work in South Africa.
Please submit your CV, a cover letter motivating your application, details of three contactable referees, and an example of a short essay or research paper (maximum of 1000 words) to Ms. Anthea Flink at: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th of December 2018, using PI Intern in the subject heading. Applications without the relevant documentation will not be considered. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.