Health Safety Environment Advisor (SHE) Vacancy at Ensco Plc
Ensco brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. We own the world’s newest ultra-deep water rig fleet and largest fleet of active premium jackups and are investing billions of dollars in additional drillships and high-specification jackups.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Safety Environment Advisor (SHE)
- ODENL (Ocean Deep ESV Nigeria Limited) a joint venture company between OES and Ensco PLC is seeking to employ a SHE Advisor in Lagos at the ODENL office.
- The primary function of this role is to provide support relating the company’s extensive safety management system to ODENL offshore drilling facilities.
- The individual must have excellent communication skills, previous experience in the offshore drilling industry in a similar position,
- The position will report directly to the ODENL SHE Manager and MEAAP (Middle East Africa Asia) business unit SHE Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform periodic inspections of the offshore drilling rig and support the rig STC
- Perform rig clinic audits and emergency preparation and medical case management
- Ensure compliance of the safety management system in all related safety processes.
- Monitor via the STC all rig safety / rescue equipment and the management thereof
- Monitor rig compliance related to Hazardous substances, Environmental and waste management
- Monitor rig Emergency Preparedness, Drills and exercises and crisis management processes
- Develop positive client relationships and attend all operational or safety related meetings.
- Review Safety Cases, and Bridging documents
- Investigate the incident in conjunction with the rig manager using the TapRoot® software
- Monitor Formal STOP” Observation (FSO) with the STC and the use of STOP Data Pro
- Audit and track to closure all safety related actions via OAP, Synergi, and onboard CAR tracker
- Monitor and understand all Ensco SHE Policies, Standards and Procedures
- Monitor and coach SSoW on the rig and at the office.
- Prepare and apply for all required National regulatory licenses and inspections related to DPR, NNRA, NAA and other regulatory bodies
- Review and or develop rig specific procedures. i.e. Rescue Plans
Learn more about the work we do at THINK and read our blog posts about work, life and everything in between and do not forget to Subscribe!
Mandatory for this position:
- Nebosh International General Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or OSHA equivalent qualifications or combination thereof. (i.e. 9001, 14001. 18001)
Not mandatory but will favor application:
- Nebosh certificate or Diploma in Environmental Management
- Advanced Investigation Team Leader TapRoot® certification.
- ISM Code Lead Internal Auditor
- Emergency Medical Qualifications
- Nebosh International Technical certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- Nebosh Fire Safety and Risk Assessment Certificate
- Five years or more previous experience in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry in a similar position or as a safety professional employed on an offshore drilling rig.
- Nigerian national
- Registered with Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria. ISPON
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Fundamental knowledge of rig emergency / rescue equipment and processes
- Reasonable knowledge of crisis management
- Fundamental knowledge of environmental management
- Fundamental knowledge of a general safety management system / Safety Case
- Knowledgeable of IADC reporting and classification of injury / illness
- Able to present and teach to a large audience
- Able to manage conflict and escalate as required
- Proficient in computer applications such as office and Adobe Acrobat
- Hands-on, driven and capable to handle large volume of work
- Display high work ethics and integrity at all times
- Reasonable understanding of Nigerian regulations in relation to the oil industry
- Reasonable knowledge of all offshore license requirements
- Fundamental knowledge of offshore drilling equipment and processes
- Very Knowledgeable of risk assessment and management of change.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply