Fresh Jobs at Save the Children
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldMedical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
- To provide support to PEI and RI programs supported by CGPP. Ensuring the reduction of non-compliance families in the communities where we are working. Participate in all the CGPP program activities within the communities and primary health centres.
- Efficiently keeps filing cabinet in order with proper archiving of documents. And help in ensuring the M&E component of the project are kept in accordance with SCI and CGPP recommendation.
- Assist in developments and maintenance of a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks and all sites involved in the project.
- Participation in Team Meetings.
- Assist in preparation for meetings, including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Liaise with the Administrative team to ensure proper arrangements are made for meetings. Trainings, workshops etc. and ensure proper documentation of reports afterwards
- Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
- Ensures adherence to deadlines.
- Assist in filing all project documents (hard and soft copies)
- Responsible to track project changes and produces updated site based schedule as agreed with project management.
- Compile summary documents, e.g. WVCM weekly and monthly reports. Collect and include contributions of the Team
- Gathers all project information: schedules, data requests, assignments, tasks, and project meetings.
- Work with project team especially the M&E Assistant to understand and assist with tracking all work, task and project assignments.
- Works with Project Manager, assist in developing a comprehensive workflow process for project.
- Monitor and modify project schedule as assigned.
- Maintain document control, database management, track project activities and team communication.
- Assists project team and team lead in strategic meetings and follow up with meeting notes.
- Schedule project follow up meetings as needed.
- Develops and publishes communications to project partners
- Develops and review project status and reports.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- Training in Child Health and Immunization activities
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of practical experience of working in an Immunization programme.
- Good understanding of Immunization Indicators
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, Excel and Power Points, etc)
- Fluency in English and Hausa (Spoken and Written) – This is a Community-based Position
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality Immunization programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to SCI’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment
Desirable / Qualifications:
- BA / B.Sc, HND or Equivalent in Public Health; Registered Nurse / Midwife, Community Health and Epidemiology.
- Minimum of 2 years’ practical experience with working in Immunization or Child Health related Project with local and or International NGOs
- Familiar with Immunization Indicators
- Ability to work in partnership with Government and Development partners
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within diversified and multicultural setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills.
Community Health Advisor
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldMedical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
- Under the guidance of the Washington DC-based Breakthrough-Action (B-A) Project lead, the Community Health Advisor will provide overall technical leadership and guidance for the implementation of B-A program’s community health and SBCC programming in Nigeria.
- S/he is responsible for strategic planning, coordination and monitoring & evaluation of programme activities in relation to social and behaviour change (SBCC) for maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (MNCAH) and for supporting the state programme teams in strategic and operational planning and programme implementation. S/he supervises and works closely with related sector specialists.
Key Areas Of Accountability
The Community Health Advisor will:
- Provide senior-level management and technical oversight of the project’s community mobilization/capacity building and SBCC activities.
- Using evidence-based theories and methodologies, collaborate with project technical advisors to design/develop communication tools and a comprehensive strategy for community mobilization/community capacity strengthening and SBCC
- Ensure that SBCC materials are pre-tested, proved effective and used efficiently and by the correct target group.
- Contribute to the adaptation of an integrated community level engagement and SBCC model
- Collaborate with other technical advisors and external stakeholders to ensure coordination of materials and communication message strategies and avoid gaps and overlaps.
- Build capacity of state-level stakeholders to roll out integrated community mobilization and SBCC processes
- Coach and supervise state-level community mobilization staff/team
- Manage the work of any research firms, advertising agencies, public relations experts, production vendors, community mobilizers, and/or consultants hired by the project to assist with SBCC or community level work. This includes building capacity of local implementing partners to implement quality and successful community mobilization/SBCC work.
- In collaboration with the M&E Advisor, help develop, maintain, and monitor the indicators set in the workplan for SBCC and community-level activities as well as evaluate the progress and impact of SBCC activities.
- Contribute to regular quarterly and annual reports to the donor.
- Document project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.
Qualifications And Experience
- A master’s degree in Communications, Public Health, Social Sciences or other related fields.
- At least five years of experience in health communication, public health promotion, health or behavioural science, or related field and demonstrated experience in management of community-based teams.
- Demonstrated abilities and experience in community mobilization and SBCC strategy and materials development, especially in MNCH.
- Proven experience in training staff and community members and strong knowledge of community capacity building for team members, government and community counterparts
- Familiarity and understanding of USAID policies and procedures (highly preferred), or those of other donors, donor-funded projects, community-based projects, or corporate social responsibility projects.
- Proven abilities to set priorities, to multi-task, and to work collaboratively across technical disciplines.
- Possess outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel within the country as needed.
- Good understanding of the health system and policy processes; health sector programs and significant players in the MNCH field in Nigeria.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate staff.
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good computer skills (particularly Word, Excel and database)
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.