FHI 360 recruitment for Field Coordinators
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Job ID: 2018200247
Location: Damasak, Borno
Supervisor: Response Coordinator
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions.
- The Field Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinating field site operations, facilities, supplies and support services and ensuring the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order so as to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and the optimal use of facilities.
- S/he will manage field site staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate all field site operations including all logistical support for program activities and ensure that all facilities at the field site run efficiently.
- Coordinate and ensure effective and smooth management of the car parking space at the field site.
- Oversee the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise field site staff.
- Update the Response Coordinator & Maiduguri Response Team on all program activities.
- Contribute to planning and coordination of field activities.
- Plan and organize ordering and stocking of program materials.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Written and oral fluent communication in Hausa and English.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply