Executive Assistant to CEO
The daily routine of an EA is rarely the same from day to day, and can vary significantly. Typical duties include managing a complex schedule for the CEO. That includes booking meetings, conference calls and travel, taking meeting minutes, writing reports, preparing correspondences and prioritizing items that need attention. General book keeping and good math skills are often necessary for preparing a CEO’s expense report, reconciling accounts or submitting billing information.
High-level clerical skills are required for this position, such as advanced or expert proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, powerpoint and databases. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also necessary, particularly as you might be the liaison between the CEO and other parties. The CEO is a busy person, so the ability to anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions to problems is very important. As the executive assistant, you will be expected to supervise some staff. Therefore, cultivating your leadership skills is somewhat inevitable.
Communication will be ongoing in the office. As an executive assistant, you’ll be screening incoming calls, making notes of essential information and prioritizing the calls to be returned by the CEO. Email traffic will be heavy sometimes, so it’s good practice to prioritize a list of those replies that have to be made by the CEO personally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages general administration and operations (calendar, activities, events, subscriptions, correspondences, meetings, budgets, expense reports, etc).
- Plays a central role in planning, project managing and implementing a range of activities.
- Manages contacts using Microsoft Outlook to conduct up to date database entry; tracks VIP relations and correspondences; facilitates relationships by familiarizing with various life events (such as birthdays, and other major milestones).Prepares confidential correspondences on behalf of CEO and the company.
- Maintains physical and electronic office filing systems for the company.
- Takes notes and distributes meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages.Represents the Company at trade shows, home shows and community events.
- Manages facilities for the office; office supplies/equipment/consumable goods, inventory, ordering, and ensures the office is tidy, safe, secure, conducive, presentable, and functioning on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares and sends out bills, receipts and invoices to clients.
- Educates customers and provides relevant information about products and services.
- AAsssists with recruitment efforts, new hire orientations, on boarding and terminations.
- Assists with on-boarding new staff and execute employee birthday/anniversary recognition programs.
- Ensures that the first point of contact is friendly, accommodating, professional and courteous for all callers and visitors.
- Assists with simple technology needs and support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification(s) and requirements:
- B.Sc in Business, Finance, Economics or related field could be a plus – not mandatory.
- High level of IT, finance and business literacy.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, with fantastic presentation skills.
- Comfortable speaking up, crafting emails, asking questions, challenging assumptions, and the ability to be constructively persistent.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Calm, self-motivated, go-getter and fast learner.
- Excellent attitude to work and life.
- Ability to work independently, and with a high level of autonomy.
- People person with good relationship management skills.
- Can juggle a lot of balls at once without any of them hitting the floor.
- Ability to gear shift as the demands of the day unfold.
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with a range of personality types and work styles, and able to ensure that work gets done without drama or conflict.
- Expressive and energetic style; able to express and lead company’s cultural identity.
Interested candidates should kindly follow the link below to apply: http://jbng.me/534574