Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: I.T Assistant (National Contract Only)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- IT assistants are responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of computer systems and other technologies, such as communication systems.
- An IT assistant’s duties include configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, and providing daily support for computer network users.
- Assistants may work at a help desk, answering calls and e-mails regarding the computer network or communication systems.
- They may also be responsible for writing reports, tracking inventory, evaluating new technologies.
- National Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Systems, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in similar positions
- Excellent computer skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Must have strong reporting and communication skills
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and stress.
- Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative with problems solving skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.