International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
CONSULTANT (RESEARCHER – HUMAN TRAFFICKING)
CFCV No. : CFCV2017_74
IOM Classification: Consultant
Type of Appointment: Consultant, 90 effective working days
Estimated Start Date: October 09, 2017
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant academic background (Master Degree preferred) in Social Science, Political Science, Human Rights, Migration, International Law, etc.
- At least 3 years’ experience in research and/or practice on human trafficking or a closely related topic
- Strong expertise and experience in participatory qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Good research skills including applied methodologies
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and the relevant local language, as appropriate
Knowledge of socio-political issues affecting Nigeria, including migration and human trafficking issues
Applicants should send their Applications (Including the documents below) to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int Kindly use the position applied for as the subject line of the mail.
Applications must include the following Documents:
A copy of their CV
A one-page Cover Letter detailing how their skills, experience and knowledge meet the requirements, as outlined above and specifying the motivation for applying. This should also include the consultant’s daily rate.
Example of previous relevant research papers (preferably through a web-link)
Two written professional references
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2017_74 Nigeria. Consultant (Researcher – Human Trafficking)
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
DUE DATE: 20 September, 2017