Job Title: Chemistry Teacher
Location : Republic of Liberia
Category: ECOWAS International Volunteer
Type of Contract: ECOWAS Volunteers Programme. Non-Family Position
Expected Start Date: 2nd November, 2017.
Duration: One (01) year, renewable (depending on budget availability and satisfactory performance)
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry or other related science courses.
- At least two years of teaching experience
- Knowledge of post conflict community
- Ability to live and work in remote places.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of initiative and anticipation
- Knowledge of volunteerism is an asset
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Being proactive and enterprising (taking initiative);
- Good computer skills – Office Suite ;
- Good inter-personalskills
- Perfect command of the English language (written and oral) is mandatory.
- Knowledge of any other official language of ECOWAS (French or Portuguese) will be considered an asset / advantage
Conditions of Service
- An initial contract for 12 months will be offered with a basic Monthly Living Allowance of 412.5 USD or its equivalent in local currency.
- At the beginning of the assignment, and only where applicable, a settling-in grant will be paid, and a resettlement grant will be provided at the end of the assignment. Where applicable, air transport from home country to the duty station and return at end of mission is also provided.
- A life and health insurance cover for the incumbent of the position will be provided.
- Other conditions of service as stipulated in the EVP management and Administration Manual and handbook of Conditions of service shall apply.
The position is open to nationals of all ECOWAS Member States, aged not more than 38 years by the date of recruitment.
This position is considered a non-family ECOWAS National Volunteer position.
An international ECOWAS Volunteer cannot serve in their own country of origin.
ECOWAS is committed to promoting gender equality and equity. To this end, female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: “Application for the Post of Chemistry Teacher” on the subject line
Composition of Application
A signed letter of application/motivation addressed to the EYSDC Director;
A detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting specific skills and experiences of the candidate ;
Certified copies of certificates, diplomas and work certificates.