Career Opportunities at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia – We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car and Jumia Services.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
Social Media Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 8 years
Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Jumia with the development, execution and maintenance of social media engagement, monitoring, reporting, and analysis within the Marketing team.
This position ensures all social media content and communication is in brand alignment.
In particular you will:
Manage day-to-day reactive and proactive communications on all key social media channels (FB, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc.)
Create content calendars and schedules based on the relevancy of trends, promotions, and social activity
Generate, edit, publish and share daily content across all channels daily
Continually optimize company pages within each platform
Develop paid social media campaigns and make sure they are executed properly and on-time across relevant social media channels
Review competitive social media content and creative, continuously benchmarking other top social media brands and recommending optimizations
Continually evaluate the Social Media and digital landscape for innovative/new platforms being launched to determine viability for Jumia Brands
Support the acquisition or production of photographs and eventually videos
Reviewing and moderating conversation with customers on social channels
Maintain regular reporting cadence for social media, assessing KPIs and campaign performance
Support Marketing team with all recaps, reports and programs Identify strategic opportunities to engage target audiences – where are relevant discussions taking place?
Who are influencers in the ecommerce community that the brand can engage with
Professional Skills & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Business required.
8+ years in social media or agency communication experience required, work in both talent acquisition and brand communications desired
Excellent writer with experience in multiple writing styles (business, Digital/Social, marketing, technical)
Knowledge of social media communities, Google Analytics, Facebook Exchange and Account Manager, Spredfast (or equivalent social media listening/analysis program)
Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Premiere Pro and Photoshop, but not essential
Familiar with social scheduling software such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck.
Knowledgeable about SEO practices.
In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Blogs, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, etc.), their respective users and how each platform can be most effectively utilized
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- Be part of an agile team that develops smart logistics solutions on a service oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies
- In particular you will:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Backend developers, DevOps, QA engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Write module, well-organized code.
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in web development with Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent knowledge of PHP5 or other OOP language
- Proficient with MySQL or other leading RDBMS
- Experienced in web server-side and client-side technologies
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks (Zend Framework, Yii, Symfony2 or similar)
- Clear understanding of the Internet Protocol Suite
- Experienced in Version Control technologies (GIT, SVN)
- Aware of Performance and Security topics on web development
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.