The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Academy Division, is seeking a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below, this position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: School Bursar – AUN Academy
Department: AUN Academy
Summary of Position
- The Bursar, American University of Nigeria, Academy, is charged with the responsibility of preparing income and expenditure statements, cash flow statements and balance sheets, periodically reports receipts to head of the school or other body ultimately responsible for financial condition of academy.
- In addition, the incumbent will direct and coordinate activities of staff engaged in keeping complete books of tuition fees and other receipts in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the AUN Academy.
- Must possess a Bachelor or HND in Accountancy
- Paying salaries, wages, taxation etc
- Keeping the analysis of cost and other statistical records; keeping of records relating to financial documents.
- Maintaining cash flow projections and investments
- Liaising with relevant government and associated bodies on financial issues
- Advising on general financial policy
- Supervises the financial affairs of the school, including all accounting duties, within guidelines notified by the head of the school.
- Overseeing the financial operation of the school.
- Must possess relevant professional qualification as an accountant (ANAN,ICAN,CPA)
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as an Accountant/Bursar
- Maintaining the school accounts; preparation of income and expenditure statements, cash flow statements and balance sheets.
- Preparing the annual budget and supervising income and expenditure relating to it
- Preparing and collecting student fees and other dues
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are needed as well as ability to establish priorities and manage time wisely.
- Significant experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office, reporting and staff management skills are essential.
- Report writing ability essential.
- Knowledge of GAAP
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 27th October, 2017.