Action Against Hunger recruitment for a Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
- The M&E Assistant will be based in Potiskum,Yobe State and be directly supervised by the M&E officer. He/she is responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities of the humanitarian multi-sectoral Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) program at community (LGA) level.
- The incumbent will assist in tracking progress of key indicators and provide timely report to the M&E Officer. The M&E Assistant will provide support to the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the program by managing data and facilitating program implementation monitoring at LGA level, under the guidance and direct supervision of the M&E Officer
Task and Responsibilities
- Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data at LGA level through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring under supervision of the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager.
- Provide support to the programs at LGA level and within the communities specificed to the M&E responsibilities as outlined by the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager.
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up Complaint Response Mechanism at Ward/ LGA level and handling complaint/ feedback at LGA level
- Assist in conducting project baseline, end line and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits.
- Support in collating and analyzing data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities to the M&E Deputy Program Manager and M&E Officer.
- Work with program teams to ensure that information relating to Action Against Hunger and program activities are shared widely within LGAs and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a minimum of Bachelors/HND in Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships and team spirit, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Have excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Outlook and Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages
- Be fluent in English and Hausa (both written and spoken skills).
- Have data entry experience, ODK or Mobile data collection experience.
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Have a minimum 1 years of proven experience in monitoring, evaluation and accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Have experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Have strong experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2018.