Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant-Fleet
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The Logistics Assistant will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and report to the Base Logistician.
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for planning and managing the fleet (vehicles and drivers), daily trips, organisation of movement and monthly reporting.
Task and Responsibilities
The specific tasks and responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Supervise the maintenance of all vehicles with the support from the Base Logistician, Lead Driver and Mechanics.
- Ensure vehicles are equipped with necessary documents according to the log book. i.e. safety equipment (fire extinguisher, water, spare tyre, first aide Kit) etc.
- Consolidates the fuel consumption and keeps a record, monitors the current stock and requests refueling purchase in a timely manner.
- Daily organisation/dispatch of trips by preparing daily movement plan and allocating the drivers accordingly.
- Planning of vehicle maintenance and service according to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER /Kitlog 3.5V.
- Plan and request weekly car hire movements, liaise with suppliers and ensure the compliance of rental cars according to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER safety and security standards.
- Reports to the Base Logistician in case of major shortage of vehicles and plan the allocation accordingly.
- Track daily car hire usage in Damaturu and all sub bases according to approved Agreement Form and submit to Log Manager on weekly basis.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by the Base Logistician.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Procurement or other related field.
- A minimum of one year working experience in logistics or procurement.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, strong organisation and team working skills.
- High level of flexibility and self-motivation.
- Good knowledge and working experience with Microsoft MS Office Suite.
- Strong commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The advert may close before the due date once we have received applications from qualified candidates.