Teenee Todds Daycare is an Early years Nursery that caters to the needs of children between the ages of three months to five years (3 months- 5 years). We are guided by the principles of the EYFS – (EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE). We believe in the uniqueness of every child, building positive relationships, establishing an enabling environment to foster learning and development.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Receipts and Invoices:
- Receiving payments from parents/guardians and properly documenting/accounting for all receipts; this includes cash, cheques, POS, and bank transfers
- Invoicing parents in a timely manner based on the school’s billing rates and cycle
- Tracking incidental deposits made for students and appropriately reflecting all deductions
- Providing statements to parents at the end of each day-care session / school term
- Preparing monthly list of outstanding accounts and following up with parents on unpaid invoices
- Attending to parents’ financial queries, this includes queries on payments, invoices, uniforms, books, extended care, late pickup charges etc.
- Preparing monthly Payroll in collaboration with the HR Coordinator; this includes verifying that payroll reflects confirmed staff only, liaising with the HR Coordinator on deductions for lateness, absence, loan repayments etc
- Finalising payroll for submission and approval by the School
- Preparing monthly summary of bank transfers to staff in line with approved payroll
- Preparing and Issuing pay slips to staff on a monthly basis
- Preparing / liaising with the appropriate Government offices on PAYE, Pension, VAT, etc.
- Processing approved reimbursement claims for staff; this includes medical screening for staff, medical expenses for staff, transportation expenses etc.
Purchase Requests, Maintaining Assets and Inventory:
- Verify all purchase requests by liaising with the relevant supervisor
- Process requisition requests and gain appropriate approval to make requested purchases, this includes placing the order for School Resources
- Request at least three (3) independent quotes for items above a certain amount.
- Periodically verify all physical assets and inventory items and document the outcome (at least twice a year)
- Verify all physical purchases with the responsible staff leading on the purchase at the point of delivery; e.g. monthly bulk purchase, delivery of school supplies etc.
- Draft the annual school budget using zero based budgeting principles (1st draft due by end of March/1st week in April; final budget due for approval by the School Board no later than the second week of June)
- Maintain Petty cash for the school
- Prepare daily cash payment and cash balance report
- Prepare vouchers for all entries
- Maintain daily revenue summary and present them in cumulative form
- Perform daily bank reconciliations
- Reconcile the bank account at the end of each month
- Prepare monthly financial reports for submission to the School Director
- Draft budgets for school events as directed by the School Administrator and in collaboration with the Event Lead and the Facility Manager (final budget should be agreed and approved 1 month before the event)
- Identify vendors for the school and maintain a vendor register in collaboration with the Facility Manager (vendor register should be updated every term)
- Liaise with independent external auditors and tax consultants to ensure all financial records are in order
- Ensure accounting records are complete, current and appropriately stored
Qualifications & Experience
- HND/B.Sc in Accounting is required.
- Professional certification by a recognised institution such as ICAN or ACCA is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an Accountant; 2 of which must be in an International School.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel, knowledge of an accounting software is an added advantage.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and attention to detail in a busy, changing work environment.
- Ability to plan and organize work schedule and work within tight timelines
- Must have integrity.
Applicants should send their CV’s to: email@example.com Application must have the position applied for as the subject line (e.g Subject line: Accountant/Bookkeeper- John Doe).